Monday, October 10, 2005
Two Items
Had a money spending trip with my mum at Carrefour yesterday. We were in line to pay for our purchases when a man stepped into the middle of the long queue (of course a few places in front of us lah).

Sue : Look at Malay Man (MM) fidgeting and not really in line, continue talking to mum... blah blah blah. Look at MM again, up and down.

MM : "Err... saya ada 2 item saja." (Malay: I have only 2 items).

Sue : Look incredulous and glance at the people lining in front and at the back. Look at the sign above the counter "10 items or less". "Sini semua orang pun sikit barang saja. Tolong beratur." (Malay: Everyone here have very few items. Please line up).

MM : Refused to budge, probably weighing the pros and cons of going full on with a flustered mum. Umm... maybe afraid that I was going to raise my voice heheh...

Sue : Keep staring at MM, this goes on and off for a few minutes.

MM : Quietly creep away.

I guess if MM had caught me in a reeeaaallly sweet mood or if he had asked politely to queue in front of me, I would have let him. But then again, there were so many people in line... he would have to ask everyone else behind me for permission as well, wouldn't he? Geez...

Labels:

posted by Sue at 2:00 PM -
13 Comments:
  • At 10/10/05 3:18 PM, Blogger Egghead said…

    maybe try yelling next time!!
    he ought be taught a very hard lesson... good job!!

     
  • At 10/10/05 4:15 PM, Blogger sqkiki said…

    buy only 2 item in traffic supermarket?? no way lah....hehe...

    so thick face ahh this man..padan muka...:p

     
  • At 10/10/05 5:00 PM, Blogger mom2ashley said…

    yea...this is nothing new..it happened to me a coupla times at Tesco (not that it does not happen anywhere else...it's just that I usually shop at Tesco)...anyways..I noticed that the indon labourers/workers/maids usually do that i.e. cut queue and then act dunno-dunno (i have nothign against indons) but it just soooooo happen that each time it happens to me...it's usually the indons whom are the culprit..so? what to do? tell them off la...like you! or else..wont feel nice right? hahahah...Good on you!

     
  • At 10/10/05 6:04 PM, Blogger LHS said…

    This happened to me too...
    Aiyo, although just 2 items, also need to line up ma...unless he buy nothing la..He is so thick face!!

     
  • At 11/10/05 12:09 AM, Blogger jazzmint said…

    wah so thick face onee...taking advantage only...I also encountered MLady in Bangkok while checking in, also so so snob..feel like slapping her haha

     
  • At 11/10/05 7:40 AM, Blogger Sunshine said…

    this is annoying... kudos for sounding him!

    the other one that i absolutely cannot tahan is those cutting q at the toilet... and pretend not to see there are others waiting in line...

     
  • At 11/10/05 8:38 AM, Blogger ZMM said…

    Wah.. bully tai-tou-poh, luckly you didn't kena bullied.

     
  • At 11/10/05 10:01 AM, Blogger Jess said…

    these happened to me too! Malaysian some how really need to be taught to be educated! Looks like school's Moral subject not practical le..

     
  • At 11/10/05 10:49 AM, Blogger Babysmooches said…

    apa ini?! kurang ajar punya orang....

     
  • At 11/10/05 10:52 PM, Blogger Sue said…

    reneereeve: bei yan tah oso cannot help it la... that day I really kenot tahan to keep quiet :P

    egghead: sked afterwards start yelling i kenot stop liao, maybe will slap him oso...

    jazzmint: my sentiments exactly :P

    all: yeah, sometimes it really makes me wonder how some people can be so thick skinned... extra Moral classes oso no hope la

     
  • At 12/10/05 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I notice that express lane in Malaysia is not express at all. I really hate those people with more that 10 items, still q up in the express lane. Sigh.

     
  • At 13/10/05 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll support you 100%. I dislike this kinda people. I think they nvr study before that's y behaving like a paria. At least ask for permission oso nvr mind. Simply potong jalan. I've encounter these problems as well. Malaysians are so inconsiderate at times. At least overseas, ppl tend to be more polite and go by the rules.No wonder nowadays we can see on t.v. advertisement on politeness by our govt...hehehe

     
  • At 14/10/05 12:02 AM, Blogger Sue said…

    michelle: yea... sometimes wanna go shopping for stuff also sien... just buy few items oso gotta queue for so long

    sabrina: people here so used to behacing this way... even the police and whatnot oso dun follow the law properly, how to educate the citzens wor...

     
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: Sue
Home:
About Me: My Other Blog: Little People
See my profile...

Sponsored
Previous Post
MyBlogLog
Archives
I Stalk
Blog Stats

Check PageRank

Credits

Background by EM