Sunday, April 29, 2007
Fried Long Beans with Sambal
My first food post for some homemade goodness. I love all types of spicy food, so please bear in mind that you can reduce or increase the amount of chilli used in my recipes.


Ingredient A:
1) Dried chilli.......... 4 pcs
2) Red chilli............. 2 pcs
3) Chilli padi .......... 6 pcs
4) Garlic ................ 4 pips
5) Shallot ............... 5 pcs
6) Dried shrimps .... a handful

Ingredient B:
1) Long beans ........ 1 bundle (cut into 1 inch sections)
2) Squid ................. 2 pcs (cut into smaller rounds)

Preparation of sambal:
Blend dried chilli (1) and pound the rest of the ingredients (2 - 6) using a mortar and pestle. Mix blended chilli and pounded paste together.


Cooking:
1) Put oil in wok. Once oil heats up, pour in sambal paste. Add in a pinch of sugar for a glossy look to the sambal (accoring to my mum, it works for all the chilli dishes that you cook). Fry the paste until aromatic and dry.

2) Add in sotong, fry for a while. Then pour in the long beans.

3) Add some water (how much will depend on how soft you want the beans to be), maybe half a cup or less, and fry till almost dry. Serve.

Labels:

posted by Sue at 2:59 PM -
2 Comments:
  • At 30/4/07 5:54 PM, Blogger 1+2mom said…

    I like this type of sambal, very yummy. We usually make this kind of sambal at home (my mother side,my hubby side dun like eat chili).Use this samble to cook 'kangkung' very delicious.

     
  • At 1/5/07 12:16 AM, Blogger Sue said…

    Yeah, I love it, specially with the har mai... :P

     
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: Sue
Home:
About Me: My Other Blog: Little People
See my profile...

Sponsored
Previous Post
MyBlogLog
Archives
I Stalk
Blog Stats

Check PageRank

Credits

Background by EM