Friday, December 23, 2005
As Busy As Can Bee

This morning I turned my Feedreader on and after one round of searching, my total unread blog feed went up to nearly 90 feeds. Never in all my blogging days have I left work with unread blogs. My oh my... I have been so busy that I have decided to simply leave the Feedreader off just so that I could concentrate in clearing workload before I dump it all on the new girl who is now helping me.

For three years in this current company, I have been the only person who does warranty claims for the whole department. Day in day out all I see is spare parts... good parts, faulty parts, broken parts. My job is to claim all that I can claim, for local parts as well as overseas parts. During my last round of pregnancy with Ivan, my workload has been dumped on a fellow colleague who already had her hands full with administrative work. She was promised that she would be compensated for chipping in extra time to do my job while I was on confinement. However, our very nice *rolls eyes* Human Resource department rejected her claims even after my department senior manager signed his approval on it. Their only reason: support staffs, other than technicians, are not entitled to claim for overtime. So she was left with nothing but wasted time spent on doing someone else's job for two months.

This time around, they have decided to hire a new girl to share this workload with me before I disappear yet again for confinement (seems the kiam siap (Hokkien: miserly) buggers they know they cannot get away from it this time, no one will be willing to do a job without pay for 2 months). So as you can imagine, last minute training for her and also effort to clear off tonnes of parts, which have been building up over the months due to increased sales quantity, has left me pretty tied up. As of today, I can proudly say that most of it is finally cleared and I can go for my confinement with a clear conscience.

So please all bear with me, I am trying to clear my reading list… though I doubt that I will have much time left to comment on your blog. And I do hope now that work is nearly over for the year, little Izac will decide to join us soon *can’t wait to see you baby!*.

Labels:

posted by Sue at 2:59 PM -
12 Comments:
  • At 24/12/05 11:12 AM, Blogger mom2ashley said…

    is that what you're going to name your baby? izac? that's a nice and unique name...

     
  • At 25/12/05 7:45 PM, Blogger King's wife said…

    wow, not long more.
    izac is not common...nice name too.

     
  • At 27/12/05 10:18 AM, Blogger VP said…

    make sure Tele knows that you are planning for a 3rd girl call Ipa-nema wo, so they can prepare to hire more ppl in the claims dept. now to learn ur skills! Cheers!
    *izac come out on 1st Jan ok*

     
  • At 27/12/05 10:37 AM, Blogger Sabrina said…

    Izac. I like it..

     
  • At 27/12/05 11:11 AM, Blogger ZMM said…

    Not bad to be hiring someone to do your job while you are gone. Some co don't even bother.

    When is your last day at work?

     
  • At 27/12/05 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    blogging is a joyful hobby, don't let it become your burden, read whenever you are free, don't reply or comment when you have no time, just keep posting, we will drop by to read, we all know :).

     
  • At 27/12/05 3:39 PM, Blogger Allyfeel said…

    Finally you're done with all ur heavy load work. Now, it's the time to relax and welcome ur new baby Izac. :)

    Relax, like what maria said, don't let it be a burden.
    Can't wait to see ur baby too.... hehe!

     
  • At 28/12/05 8:45 AM, Blogger Oscar's Mommy said…

    yes, izac is a nice name. when i was pregnant with LitChampion and towards to very last week, i am actually counting down to the last minute cos i can't wait to see him arriving and joining us as a family member. oh ya, before i went on confinement leave, i, too had to handover my workload.. but i am lucky to have a wonderful boss who took over my workload...... take care

     
  • At 28/12/05 4:34 PM, Blogger Babysmooches said…

    I too gets little time to read and reply blogs.

    Say, hope to hear of Izac's birth soon. Nice name.

     
  • At 28/12/05 11:17 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Have heard of Isaac but spelling of Izac is unique. I like dat. Got a relative by the name of Ivoy. Just love canggih names.

     
  • At 29/12/05 10:21 AM, Blogger Egghead said…

    I have over 400 when I came back on Tuesday... pengsan!

     
  • At 29/12/05 10:44 PM, Blogger jazzmint said…

    aiyo..so teruk ur co...must take 3 months off kena them kow kow :P...

    hey the spelling of izac is unique, i thought it's isaac *the normal one* :)

     
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: Sue
Home:
About Me: My Other Blog: Little People
See my profile...

Sponsored
Previous Post
MyBlogLog
Archives
I Stalk
Blog Stats

Check PageRank

Credits

Background by EM