Monday, April 30, 2007
Tom Yum Seafood
As I said before, I totally love spicy food. Sometimes I really go to the extreme of putting a lot of chilli in it until I cannot tahan myself *LOL*. Tom yum is one of my favorite soups of all time, my mum and my brother's wife Nok (who is a Thai) can cook it very well. However, please understand that this thing is homemade okay, so some of the ingredients weren't available at that time. You can basically put anything you fancy in it.


Ingredient A:

1) Lemongrass / Serai...... 4 stalks (sliced)
2) Galangal / Lengkuas..... 1 bulb, about 100gms (sliced)
3) Thai red chilli padi......... a handful, depends on how spicy you want the soup to be (pounded finely)
4) Limau perut leaves........ 6 pcs (break into 2 halves)
5) Fish sauce...................... 5 tbsp
6) Lime juice....................... 1 cup


Ingredient B *except for the seafood, the rest are all optional*:
1) Tiger prawns................... 200 gms (slit back, devein & clean up the sharp edges)
2) Squid............................... 5 pcs (cut into smaller rounds)
3) Chicken breast............... 200 gms (cut small)

4) Tomato............................ 1 pc (cut into 8 pcs)
5) Button mushroom (canned)... up to you
6) Oyster mushroom
7) Baby corn
8) Carrot

For soup base:
1) Put 3 litres of water in pot and bring it to boil. Dump in all items in ingredient A except for the lime juice.

2) Add 1 tsp of salt, and boil on high.
3) Let the soup boil until it's tasty and then sieve to remove all the junk inside, unless you like to eat them :P


To complete:
1) Dump in all ingredient B.
2) Lastly before serving, add lime juice to taste.

Additional note:
After sieving the soup, you should take out the amount you want to keep without adding in the lime juice. It's best to only add the lime juice right before serving to maintain the flavor of the lime.

Labels:

posted by Sue at 7:30 PM -
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: Sue
Home:
About Me: My Other Blog: Little People
See my profile...

Sponsored
Previous Post
MyBlogLog
Archives
I Stalk
Blog Stats

Check PageRank

Credits

Background by EM