Sunday, May 06, 2007
Of Clingy Kids and a Short-Fused Mom
As said in this previous post, I got home at around 7-ish pm after purchasing some gifts for some children (not mine :P). As soon as I opened the front door, Ivan saw me and wanted to get to the door. Hubs and SIL#2 warned him to sit down and I was told he started his meal an hour ago and there was still a whole bowl of rice from what I can see. I was like, "Sheeesh... here we go again". I knew it would take him another half an hour to finish that (and it did!).

In the meantime, the lil one heard my voice even when he's in the kitchen with Supini. I can hear him going, "Um-mah... um-mah... um-mah". And again, I went, "Alamak!". He saw me and from then on, clung to me like I'm gonna desert him or something.


So it was destined that I have a 15-months-old in my left arm while I struggle to feed my 2 and half year old with my right hand. And while I was doing that, with Izac occasionally lying down, squirming, moaning, crying and what-have-yous, Hubs laid luxuriously on the sofa as he watched TV.


Nope, the kids don't want him when I'm home. Unless, of course, when they see him dressed up properly and looks as if he's going somewhere! After completing the task of feeding Mr Two-and-a-half-year-old, I planned to bathe him. I failed because Mr-15-months-old refused to leave me.

I think I had my dinner at 8-ish pm that day, but it's dinner interrupted by kids trying to climb up on my lap. I really have no appetite when I have interrupted meals. I can gobble up a meal in no time if I'm uninterrupted and I would have preferred to eat standing in the kitchen if I'm able to get away from them if just for a few minutes.

Fast forward to bed time. By 9.30 pm, I usually drag them upstairs for bed. Before that, I asked Supini to give Ivan a wipe and a change of clothing... and nope, Ivan doesn't want her to do it. Mommy has to do it. So it starts again... whining and everything mommy mommy mommy. By this time I am about to start going bonkers and voice level can be heard a few decibels higher than normal. Wipe him I did, with my one free hand, and after which I commanded that he let Auntie wear his baju.

Up we go to the room, and Ivan decided that jumping on the bed is fun. Needless to say, little brother Izac saw all the fun kor-kor's having and decided to join in. Frazzled mommy on the smaller mattress, with one hand out trying to prevent the little one from falling and at the same time, tried to fill up a syringe with medicine for the kids. Now can you imagine that? It's a huuuuuge task trying that, medicine dripped on the mattress and finally mommy blew her cool. I screamed at the two fellas to stop and plop Izac down on the bed. I was finally able to get the medicines down, amidst crying.

After that, lights out and things finally began to settle down. I would guess that it was then past 10.00 pm. Finally, after the kids settled down, I was able to breathe a sigh of relief, and sometimes I even wonder to myself how come I can't be more patient with them. This is one of the more difficult evenings with them.

So you know lah, for the past 2 weeks, have been tired and downright lazy. I plop myself down beside them after then drop off to sleep, and I sleep too. No blogging.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Sue at 2:33 PM -
1 Comments:
  • At 7/5/07 1:15 PM, Blogger Mumsgather said…

    "So it was destined that I have a 15-months-old in my left arm while I struggle to feed my 2 and half year old with my right hand. And while I was doing that, with Izac occasionally lying down, squirming, moaning, crying and what-have-yous, Hubs laid luxuriously on the sofa as he watched TV."

    Hahaha. This scene happens to me frequently too!

     
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: Sue
Home:
About Me: My Other Blog: Little People
See my profile...

Sponsored
Previous Post
MyBlogLog
Archives
I Stalk
Blog Stats

Check PageRank

Credits

Background by EM