Monday, May 07, 2007
Of Bumps on Wobbly Toddlers' Heads
Izac walks like a drunkard even now when he is already 15 months old. He started walking or rather trying to walk when he turned 13 and a half months. Back then, he walks with his hands in front, trying to balance and walking too darn fast, trying to reach the next person holding out their hand to him. Now it's not much different than last time, he still walks unsteadily, without the hands in front though.

Yesterday he had a bad fall. He fell backwards and knocked his bald head on a little step in the doorway that leads into the kitchen. I was but a few steps away from him but things happened so fast I couldn't have done anything to stop it. He just woke up and he was standing there near the fridge. It was caused by him stepping on his a-little-too-long jammies and fell backward. I screamed so loudly, as if it would help him feel less pain, as if it would make it all better for myself too.

So then, I applied some fung yau (medicated oil) to the area and kept rubbing there every now and then. He did not sleep well yesterday, tossing and turning at night. Only slept well when I was sleeping next to him. I have been keeping a close eye on him to see if he:
1. felt especially lethargic / looks sleepy most of the time
2. vomits
3. show any signs of a concussion

Today his head is showing a huge bump the size of half a mini cocktail sausage. I have just reapplied some oil to it and lightly rubbing it to reduce the swelling. Touch wood, so far he seems his happy self and I truly hope it won't happen again. This poor boy has had more than his fair share of falls, much much more than Ivan ever did.

Labels: ,

posted by Sue at 12:07 AM -
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: Sue
Home:
About Me: My Other Blog: Little People
See my profile...

Sponsored
Previous Post
MyBlogLog
Archives
I Stalk
Blog Stats

Check PageRank

Credits

Background by EM