Thursday, May 17, 2007
Endless Work
When I last posted on my kids' blog, I assumed that I would be able to continue updating more frquently from then on. How wrong I was. Work didn't ease up, but kept piling in, more and more.

Sometimes I feel mentally tired from all the work, so much so that they seem to be monotonous and repetitive. During these times, I fantasize for the times when I do not need to work but stay at home with the kids as a stay-at-home-mom. Believe me, that will immediately bring me back down to earth too *LOL* because I know being a SAHM requires even more tolerance and hard work (coz that would be a 24-hour job, with no easing up!).

My workplace has recently added a new manager who will oversee the whole department, a lady boss. Everyone foresee more work and a more stringent environment, because you know lah... people tend to think lady bosses are anal mah. What do you think?

Another addition is a new service administrator who will help out in the spareparts operation. From what I can see thus far, she seem to not be able to cope. Although new, a person who is capable can be identified right away. So far, with only easy tasks delegated to her, she's taken far too long to complete them, half the time talking on her mobile to friends and even chatting excessively on MSN. I do not know if she's trying to avoid more jobs by doing things slowly or if she really IS that slow. *Sigh* Additionally, the jobs assigned to her has been wrongly done (even after doing them at snail's pace) and required us to redo (this means double work and waste of time). I just hope she bucks up, warranty department required us to be on our toes at every moment because we deal directly with fuming customers.

Work's evolving for me. Tasks which I have been doing will be delegated to other colleagues and I am to be in charge of something else. I seriously hope that does not mean endless overtimes.

Labels: ,

posted by Sue at 9:36 AM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: Sue
Home:
About Me: My Other Blog: Little People
See my profile...

Sponsored
Previous Post
MyBlogLog
Archives
I Stalk
Blog Stats

Check PageRank

Credits

Background by EM