Thursday, May 10, 2007
Of Toilet Going and Such
I'm just wondering, any of you tend to work and be too lazy to go to the toilet? Or rather, do you tend to be so engrossed in something, put off going to the toilet and then totally forgot that you needed to go in the first place?

Well, this happens to me all the time! You can call me lazy or crazy or whatever, but I just can't get my butt to move from my cubicle to the toilet... which is in fact not that far away from my department. Most times, I am too caught up in my work. You know how it is when you get the ball rolling and the momentum builds up, you don't really want something to interrupt the flow, much less by a need to go to the toilet. So then I would think to myself, "OK, once I finish this (whatever I'm doing) I'll go to the toilet". But when I finish THAT thing I was doing, something else tends to crop up and then I'll totally forget that I have been meaning to go relieve myself. Duh! Err... could it be due to a mommy's deteriorating memory ah?

And since we're on the topic of toilet, I used to think that the women will always be more hygienic than the men. I was proven wrong at my workplace. It seems that women too can be darn sloppy. To name a few things which pisses me off when I visit the toilet:

1. unflushed toilet (with or without something floating inside... eww!)
2. wads and wads of toilet tissue in the toilet bowl, unflushed (eh, trying to kill all the tress or what?)
3. drips of blood on the floor (sorry ah, a bit too graphic... double eww!)
4. whole toilet cubicle looks like a war zone

With regards to point number 3, I think it's downright bad that if they see it and know that the drip belongs to them and don't wipe it up with tissue. We don't want people stepping on it and then smearing it all over the floor do we? *sigh* I guess some people will never learn to be courteous (yeah mah... even in toilet also must be courteous what?!).

Labels: ,

posted by Sue at 3:34 AM -
4 Comments:
  • At 10/5/07 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm exactly like you! I can put off going to toilet when I'm engrossed in something..but I can't hold for too long. Sometimes I may be lucky the wanting-to-go sensation dissipates. I notice I can't hold as well as before; i.e. after giving birth.

    And, yes, talking about those toilet stalls. It's the same at my work place. I blame it on those Chinese employees who are visiting our office.

     
  • At 10/5/07 2:52 PM, Blogger Sabrina said…

    I always reminded myself to go and pee whenever I have the urge. My grandma used to tell me that someone actually died for being too engross in mahjong and nvr go and pee.I don't want to end up killing myself.
    As for disgusting toilets. I do agree with you. My cleaning lady here will curse if she sees anyone with the bloodstain on the toilet seats, bowl or floor. She's very pantang about it as she's quite elderly already. Some ppl even do their big jobs till it smear till the top of the bowl and never bother to spray water.YUCK!!!

     
  • At 13/5/07 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you're not the only one...me too keep putting going to the loo off....and i sit the furthest away from the loo somemore....

     
  • At 15/5/07 11:00 PM, Blogger ern's mummy said…

    yup, i totally agree with you. sometimes i really wonder how can a grown up not know about hygiene.

    there are wastebins in every toilet, but somehow, the "bloody" pad will end up in the toilet bowl...

     
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: Sue
Home:
About Me: My Other Blog: Little People
See my profile...

Sponsored
Previous Post
MyBlogLog
Archives
I Stalk
Blog Stats

Check PageRank

Credits

Background by EM