Saturday, May 19, 2007
Of Overtimes and Overworked
My superior just got promoted to assistant service manager recently. I think he was senior engineer for longest time. It's high time they promoted him, I'm happy for him.

The past few weeks have been havoc at my workplace. I have tonnes of work that I can't seem to get rid of. The faster I work, the faster they seem to "work" at piling in again. I think "work" is trying to drown me.

I think this trend will continue for the remaining 2 weeks of this month, as I have been requested to do overtime everyday until 8.00pm (if possible, he says) and also on Saturdays, when it's not our working weekend. As a compensation, we will be given "earned leave" for the times we work ie. 4 hours equals half a day of leave (which we have to use up by the end of this year). This is the first time ever that they are giving such a compensation for us support staffs working overtime. Normally, support staffs are not entitled to overtime pay and stuff like that, very sad case indeed.

I do want to do OT to clear off the pending stuff as soon as possible but I keep getting a nagging feeling that my kids might be refusing dinner, not have their shower yet, etc etc that as soon as it reaches 7.00 in the workplace. By then I'm already all fidgety, wanting to go home.

When I reach home, if they're not fed, I try to stuff their face with as much food as they are willing to take, shower Ivan if he's still sticky all over, have a late dinner myself (hubs will be lazing on the floor or sleeping as usual), inform Supini of her duties tomorrow and then pack the kids up to bed.

I know it's sad, sometimes we hardly have time to really play with the kids after work. We do get cuddle time and some play time before sleep in the bedroom. But sometimes, after a long day at work, I tend to just want to put them to bed and drop off myself. For the past 2 weeks I have been hoping to get some time to blog hop, clear my feedreader, do a few scraps and update my blog after they go to sleep... but what happened? Too tired!

Labels: ,

posted by Sue at 12:23 AM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: Sue
Home:
About Me: My Other Blog: Little People
See my profile...

Sponsored
Previous Post
MyBlogLog
Archives
I Stalk
Blog Stats

Check PageRank

Credits

Background by EM